CORONAVIRUS: What does it mean for your wedding? Helpful resources and tips!

Hi y’all,

If you’re reading this, first let me start off with I hope you’re staying safe and healthy!

And second, I’m so sorry you’re in the midst of a pandemic while trying to plan a wedding!!! This day should be all about the two of you and celebrating the commitment you’re making to one another with friends and loved ones with no concern over their safety or well being.

Now to the goods. I’m going to continue updating this post with resources to help you navigate these wild times as best as possible. Please reach out if there’s anything I can do to help!



The CDC “is now urging a nationwide halt to gatherings of more than 50 people for the next eight weeks {until May 10}” and no more than 10 people for the next 15 days {until March 30}, citing the risk of the coronavirus. Now, this of course is a recommendation and not a mandate, so you can still decide what is best for your wedding. I do strongly urge you to take this seriously though. You don’t want your event to cause harm when you could have postponed.

Please note, I’m a wedding photographer. Not a medical professional nor a lawyer, and everything I say in this post is my opinion. But I want to make sure to share them with you because I’ve been in this industry for 7 years and hope my experience can help guide you in this unprecedented moment. I’m sure you also want validation in your decision to postpone and want to know what other brides are choosing to do. 99% of the weddings I have and friends of mine in the industry have during this time are postponing. The other 1% have not yet decided but most likely will.

I truly feel postponing is the way to go. You’ve spent hours planning this wedding for your loved ones. You’ve put down deposits and coordinated schedules. You deserve to celebrate your love without a dark cloud of fear looming or potentially endangering the people you cherish the most.

I would recommend the following:

  • Reach out to your venue for a few date options in late summer, fall or even next year so you understand your options
  • Prioritize your vendors (wedding planner, photographer, etc.) so you have a list of whose schedules you definitely want to work around vs. vendors you’re willing to part with if they are unavailable
  • Confirm all vendors especially the priority vendors are available for a few new date options and you will not inquire additional fees from them for moving your date
    • I can’t speak for the whole wedding industry, but please know that everyone in my circle wants to help our couples as much as possible in this wild time. We are going to be flexible with you and do our best to honor agreements for a new date. We are humans. We love what we do. We love LOVE. We want the happy moments to happen once all the chaos dies down.
  • Choose the new date and request an addendum or revised contract to confirm the new date with all vendors
  • Inform your guests. Email templates below to help you do so!

“If your wedding is in March, April or early May, you should be making moves towards postponement immediately. With the ease of travel in our country, this virus is likely lurking everywhere already, even if it doesn’t seem like it yet. We all need to do what is best for the entire population, and postpone large gatherings. And your guests will be grateful for your making this decision sooner rather than later. Otherwise they might be in the uncomfortable position of cancelling on you last minute.

Most vendors are going to be flexible and you may not sacrifice anything financially if you can move to a date within 6 months of your original date. Keeping the new date in the 2020 calendar year may also be helpful when negotiating with vendors.” – Janice Carnevale of Bellwether Events 

Want even more advice and thoughts on the matter? This is an incredible article with tons of experts speaking on the topic written by my friend Carrie Goldberg at Harpers Bazaar. Know, that you’re not a lone and we are all in this together!



Every Last Detail put together amazing email templates to help you notify guests on whether the wedding is still taking place, you’re postponing or you sadly need to cancel/un-invite certain guests. Just copy and paste the template you need. 



  • FREE e-design services by Darla Marie Designs to let your guests know about your new date. Send an email to
  • FREE printing by Czar Press for anyone whose event is rescheduled (new customers included). 100 Flat printed 4bar or A2 cards. Email They also have a list of designers willing to help on their post.
  • FREE yoga classes by Core Power to keep you slightly sane as you deal with all of this because we all need to take a deep breath and focus on the big picture. You will get married!
  • FREE tee from Six Stories Bridal for all brides that have postponed their wedding. They’re adorable!