Oh my goodness, San Francisco is so stinking photogenic. And you honestly can’t go wrong in picking a location for your engagement photos, but here are a few of my favorites. Below are also some items on my wishlist in case you want new ideas and to make those happen!
I always recommend that my couple’s choose somewhere sentimental or an activity that they love to do together to get y’all in your element and have the most fun. Because honestly, your engagement session should be your version of a perfect afternoon, adventuring around your favorite places and documenting your love story.
Note that these locations are popular for a reason, they’re beautiful and iconic, so I recommend we shoot on a weekday if possible to avoid massive crowds. For more tips, check out my engagement style guide.
BEST ENGAGEMENT PHOTO LOCATIONS IN SAN FRANCISCO
Palace of Fine Arts
Lover’s Lane Presidio Park
- Legion of Honor
- Golden Gate Park (more specifically rowing boats at Stow Lake)
- Temescal Alley (in Oakland but it still counts)
- Cable Car
- Twin Peaks (sunrise session to beat the crowds and get the best light)
- Treasure Island
- Maiden Lane
- Conservatory of Flowers
- Favorite Coffee Shop (because aren’t there so many good ones in the city?)
- Cole Valley Ice Cream Bar
- Painted Ladies (possibly over done, but I don’t care)
- SF City Hall